Ancient skeletons and mouldering corpses crawl from their barrows, called forth by the dark sorcery of Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead. Ancient beyond reckoning, cruel and infinitely calculating, Nagash seeks to remake the Mortal Realms in his own image, transforming them into an ordered empire of mindless thralls, leashed to his will. In opposition, thunder rolls as the Stormcast Eternals, heavenly champions of order, rage forth to meet this threat head-on in epic clashes to decide the fate of the world, This is a new epoch, a time of mighty battles and unending war, a time of heroes and monsters. This is the Age of Sigmar!
A perfect introduction to Warhammer Age of Sigmar, and the wider hobby of collecting, building, painting and playing with Citadel miniatures, Tempest of Souls is a starter set packed with miniatures, rules and accessories that will have you up and running in no time. It includes 32 miniatures split across the factions of the heroic Stormcast Eternals and ghastly, undead Nighthaunt – mortal enemies locked in unending combat – along with detailed guides on assembling, painting and playing with them. Included:
32 push-fit miniatures, which can be assembled without glue and are even supplied on pre-coloured plastic:
The glorious forces of Sigmar, pure and unbowed warriors dedicated to scouring the Mortal Realms of Chaos, Destruction and Death. Each of the 12 Stormcast Eternals miniatures in the box is an Easy to Build push-fit model, supplied on gold plastic sprues and requiring no glue to assemble:
– A Knight-Incantor – a glorious and powerful wizardly leader carrying an incantor’s staff along with a voidstorm scroll
– 2 Evocators – shock-troops who blaze with celestial lightning, armed with tempest blades and stormstaves;
– 3 Castigators – support troops who lay down withering ranged attacks with their thunderhead greatbows;
– 5 Sequitors – frontline infantry who bring the fight to the fore with stormsmite mauls and soulshields;
– A Celestar Ballista – an enormous heavy bolt thrower, serviced by 2 Sacristan Engineers who defend their war machine with sigmarite blades.
Nagash’s seemingly-endless hordes of risen undead, bitter and lethal toward all who still possess the gift of life. Each of the 20 Nighthaunt miniatures in the box is an Easy to Build push-fit model, supplied on turquoise plastic sprues and requiring no glue to assemble:
– A Lord-Executioner – a horrifying gheist whose image is dominated by the macabre gallows lashed to his back, he carries a decapitating greataxe;
– 4 Grimghast Reapers – cursed, indiscriminate killers armed with double-handed slasher scythes – their leader, the Extoller of Shyish, carries a great bell known as the death knell;
– 5 Glaivewraith Stalkers: unstoppable gheists drifting inexorably towards their prey, each attacks with a 2-handed hunter’s glaive;
– A 10-strong Chainrasp Horde: each armed with a malignant weapon – axes, swords, and flails feature heavily here – this frightening force is led by a Dreadwarden, who wields a 3-pronged candelabra.
Tempest of Souls features a 16-page set booklet of core rules, providing the basics you need to get gaming. I
9 Warscroll cards are included – these cards contain the rules and stats you need in order to field your miniatures, laid out for ease of use in a handy card format. A Warscroll is included for each type of miniature in the box. A further 2 Warscroll cards are in the box detailing the Dreadblade Harrows and Myrmourn Banshees (models not included) – these are a great preview of the next steps in your collection!
Of course, you’ll need guidance in order to play games with your new miniatures – included is a 96-page softback book, packed with background and essential information on painting and playing
Also included are a double-sided playing mat used to fight your battles upon (with the inside of the box even doubling as a scenery piece!), 6 6-sided dice and a 12″ range ruler.